T&LC Adds Fall 4-Day Virtual Seminar – Earn CCPAC Continuing Education Credits
Earn 8 CCPAC continuing education credits when upon completion of seminar. Details and registration at www.tlcouncil.org
IT’S ALL ABOUT RISK !
Transportation Logistics & the Law
Presented by Brent Wm. Primus, JD
September 13 & 15, 2022 and September 20 & 22, 2022
Transportation, Logistics and the Law is once again being held as part of the Transportation and Logistics Council’s Fall Seminars. This 8-hour course is being held virtually in 4 two hour sessions on September 13, 15, 20 & 22 (1:00pm – 3:00pm Eastern)
This one-of-a-kind seminar is intended for the persons actually doing the work to be able to identify and minimize legal and financial risks in their day-to-day responsibilities.
The course is designed to provide a basic working knowledge of the laws and regulations governing the supply chain and the relationships between the players — shippers, carriers, and intermediaries.
The course also serves as a foundation for the Freight Claims in Plain English and the Contracting for Transportation and Logistics Services Fall Seminars.
The topics covered will include:
- Motor Carriers, Brokers, and Surface Freight Forwarders: What is the difference and why does it matter?
- Shippers, consignors and consignees – who’s who and which is who?
- Role of the bill of lading – with or without an individually negotiated contract; the role of the National Motor Freight Classification (NMFC)
- Payment and collection of freight charges
- Minimizing ”the double payment problem”
- Latest on vicarious liability for highway accidents
- Flash Look at Insurance: The critical difference between cargo insurance and cargo liability insurance; Certificates of Insurance; Cyber Insurance
Registrants will be provided with 190+ pages of critical statutes, critical regulations, and an appendix containing additional materials in PDF format.
8 hour course held over 4 days
contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and a link to register