Transportation, Logistics and the Law, Second Edition
It is the only text covering the laws, regulations and court decisions governing transportation and logistics in the current deregulated environment under one cover! It covers real-world experiences during the author’s 50 years of practicing transportation law, during which he counseled shippers and their trade associations, carriers, brokers and freight forwarders on a wide variety of problems, including:
- Loss, damage and delay claims and suits
- "Shippers" xposure to double payment
- Negotiating contracts and rate agreements
- "Off-bill discounts"
- Classification rating proceedings
- Drafting a corporate bill of lading
- Carriers limitations of liability
- Complying with DOT and STB regulations - Department of Transportation (DOT), Surface Transportation Board (STB)
- Corporate procedures to prevent losses
- Undercharge and overcharge claims
- Latest text and material on statutes and regulations for transportation and logistics professionals.
- The book covers hundreds of new court decisions since September 11, 2001 (the closing date for text material in the first edition).
- New sections on Cargo Insurance, Broker Liability, Importing and Exporting.
- The Homeland Security Department's jurisdiction over Transportation Security.
- The government's reaction to the threat of new terrorists' attacks, and terrorists' use of transportation vehicles to deliver those attacks.
- It contains an introduction to Hazardous Materials by Richard Custer, retired from Corning, Inc. and now a consultant on Hazardous-Materials and Transportation.
- An expanded section on Railroad Regulation by Fritz R. Kahn, Esq., former General Counsel for the Interstate Commerce Commission.
- And much more!
AVAILABLE IN CD-ROM ONLY
Quantity discounts: For more information, please contact us DIRECTOR@CCPAC.COM.