2 New Job Postings
Posted April 12, 2023
Start New Job Posting for Hub Group
Company: Hub Group Website
Position Title: Assistant Vice President, Cargo Claims
Location: On-Site in Oak Brook, IL
Contact: Dan Miller firstname.lastname@example.org
Hub Group offers comprehensive transportation and logistics management solutions. Keeping our customers’ needs in focus, Hub Group designs, continually optimizes, and applies industry-leading technology to our customers’ supply chains for better service, greater efficiency, and total visibility. As an award-winning, publicly traded company (Nasdaq: HUBG) with nearly $5 billion in revenue, our 6,000 employees across North America are always in pursuit of “The Way Ahead” – a commitment to service, integrity, and innovation. For more information, visit hubgroup.com.
This position reports to the Assistant General Counsel-Claims Operations and is responsible for taking a proactive and strategic approach to managing the company’s cargo claims. The proactive approach contemplates not only active and forward-looking claims management, but also continuous development, implementation, and enforcement of processes related to the prevention, reporting, and handling of cargo claims.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage and develop claims handling professionals and ensure appropriate staffing in the department.
- Develop and manage performance metrics and benchmarks to establish efficient and cost-effective approach to claims resolutions.
- Conduct financial analyses of program metrics to evaluate trends in claims costs, losses, and the effectiveness of process improvement initiatives.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure superior customer service.
- Partner with Hub Group’s operations teams to trouble shoot and resolve cargo claim issues.
- Proactively and aggressively monitor and manage complex cargo claims.
- Develop and execute cargo claims handling policies and procedures.
- Drive effective subrogation efforts to improve loss ratios.
- Effectively communicate cargo claims data to senior management, customers, and carriers.
- Collaborate with insurance companies to present accurate and timely claims information.
- Establish and manage cargo claims team budget.
- Develop and track bonus metrics for the department.
- Effectively leverage and utilize claims management software.
- Work with carriers as well as all other transportation service providers to decrease claims and increase resolutions.
- Analyze loss experience and identify opportunities for loss prevention programs.
- Analytic Skills: ability to think objectively, create, and interpret quantitative data sets
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills to arrive at meaningful, lasting solutions
- Ability to multi-task frequently and handle heavy task loads
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong attention to detail
- 8+ years of experience managing cargo claims
- 5+ years managerial experience
Ending Job Posting For Hub Group
Start New Job Posting for XPO
Position: Analyst, Claims
Requisition Id: 359027
Business Unit: LTL
Location: North Richland Hills, TX, US, 76180
Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Claims Analyst, your attention to the small details and strong work ethic will ensure our operations continue to run smoothly and our customers receive superior service. Every employee is part of the team and plays an important role at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Understand and qualify type of claims filed; investigate and analyze cargo claims for loss, damage, and delays to determine company liability and costs for damage or loss while protecting company and customer interests
- Understand and interpret legal limits of liability as stipulated in the contracts and applicable governing publications such as the National Motor Freight Classification; negotiate cargo liability
- Collaborate with Sales, Pricing, Operations, and customers regarding disposition of claims
- Compose professional claims correspondence
- Manage claims inventory to meet individual, team, and company goals; process claims according to company policies and procedures
- Handle customer inquiries and complaints
- Provide claim prevention techniques and tips to the field
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of experience as a cargo claims examiner, analyst, or in a similar capacity working with liability and risk
It’d be great if you also have:
- 2 years of related experience
- Knowledge of Common Law Liability, Code of Federal Regulations, Rules and Tariffs, Transportation Contracts and Agreements, and the National Motor Freight Classification system
- Knowledge of risk reduction and claims process
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to communicate with executive management regarding the decision-making process of claims declined and/or paid
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephone communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under strict deadlines utilizing good planning and organizational skills
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.