DSC Logistics, a leading supply chain management company, focuses on designing, integrating, managing, and adapting supply chain solutions. DSC capabilities as a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party provider (3PL) include supply chain analysis and design network management, Logistics Center management, transportation management, business process integration, supply chain visibility, value-added services and dynamic supply chain management. In today’s environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, DSC helps customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
We currently have an excellent career opportunity for Claims Administrator at our Des Plaines, Illinois Logistics Center.
Process all DSC Transportation loss and damage freight claims filed by our customer.
- Receive and acknowledge all claims within 30 days of receipt
- Collect the necessary information to support the claim
- Ensure all claim related activity is accurate and well documented
- File loss and damage claim with partner carrier if applicable
- Initiate cycle count requests with our Logistics Centers
- Initiate dock checks with our carriers and with our Logistic Centers
- Negotiate payment settlement with customer and contract carrier when applicable
- Facilitate customer meetings as requested
- Prepare and distribute outstanding claims report for customers as requested
- Prepare and distribute monthly claims reserve dollars report for internal departments
- Contact carriers and insurance companies for claims status
- Work with customers, carriers and insurance companies to obtain documentation needed to file, amend or resolve a pending or outstanding claim
- Provide final resolution to the customer within 120 days of receipt of claim
- Follows rules set by the US Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
Integration Manager, Transportation Center
- Strong verbal communication skills as it relates to conflict resolution.
- Analytical skills in recognizing trends, finding root causes to problems and potential solutions.
- Analytical skills in determining methods of improvement to existing procedures.
- Ability to handle a fast paced work environment and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to isolate and solve problems efficiently.
- Ability to work and motivate other employees.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- CCP Certified Claims Professional preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office ( Excel and Word)
Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement.
DSC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth. EOE/M/F/D/V